Sunday, March 27, 2011

Love Hurts.

Dear Reader,
     I will be talking about a book I have just finished reading. The book I read was called Playing with Matches. The authors name is Brian Katcher. The theme I chose was Love. This theme plays well into the story. The plot is about a young teenage boy named Leon Sanders who approaches an obstacle that he has never faced before, a girl liking him. Leon is not the most popular kid in high school, he has a couple of close friends and that’s it. Leon finds a girl named Melody, who is one of the ugliest girls in school but for some reason Leon likes being with her especially since no one else has ever liked him before. Leon and Melody start dating, they are always happy with each other until one day Leon’s dream girl since 4th grade acknowledges him and starts talking to him. Leon is more than surprised by Amy Green, the girl of his dreams that she is talking to him. She is one of the most popular girls in high school and very pretty. Amy and Leon end up talking and she starts to like him. They kiss while Leon is still dating Melody. Leon ends up breaking up with Melody just to take a chance with the pretty girl Amy. Melody is heartbroken and betrayed. She never wants to talk to Leon again. Amy and Leon start dating, everything is going right for him. Except the only problem he has is that every time he hangs out with Amy, he can’t stop thinking about Melody. He realizes that he had so much more fun and a better connection with Melody than Amy. Leon dumps Amy to try to make everything better with Melody. Leon is in love with Melody and he wants to be with her. Melody doesn’t want to get heartbroken again so she tells him no. But in the end she ends up taking him back since she is in love with him. They end up happily ever after. This is why I chose Love as the theme in my book. Leon and Melody stay with each other and love each other no matter what happens.
"When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams."
-Dr. Suess

Dear Diary,
     I don’t know what to do. I’m so confused. I love Melody and I don’t want our friendship to be over. I need to figure this out. Amy is really pretty and great but nothing like Melody. Every time I go out with Amy it feels like I just get ignored and get annoyed. There is never any fun in going out with Amy unless we are making out. Melody was the girl I want I don’t know why I messed things up with her. I am going to make it right, I am going to call her and beg for her to take me back. I love her. Wish me luck!
“There is only one happiness in life -- to love and to be loved.”
-George Sand

     I’m so sorry Melody. I want to be with you, I love you so much I don’t think you could understand. I now realize that my life is not complete without you. Everything that we did made me happy, I enjoyed spending every second with you. I made a terrible mistake and I’m stupid for making that decision. But this whole time I wanted you not her. I really do want you to take me back, I understand if you don’t but I want you to know you could be making a big mistake, for the both of us. We were meant to be together Melody. I know that for a fact from just being with you. I miss you Melody, I love you. I hope you accept my apology.
                                                                                                            Love,
                                                                                                            Leon Sanders
“To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.”
-Heather Cortez
Ten ways to know if someone loves you:
1.      They look into your eyes when you talk
2.      They want to know about you
3.      They give you cuddles and caresses
4.      They can comfort you when you have a bad day
5.      They give you the best presents
6.      They make you feel special
7.      They want to meet your family and friends; and want you to meet theirs
8.      They make you laugh and enjoy life
9.      They love spending time with you
10.  They say they love you
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.”
-Helen Keller

 

“You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.”
-Sam Keen

Reflection
     The first genre I chose was Diary entry. I chose this because it was a good piece to put in my project because it blended so well with my plot. It showed how bad Leon wanted Melody back and the love he had for her. A diary entry would show what Leon was really thinking to himself that nobody knew. The next genre I chose was ten ways to know if… I chose this because this is just giving basic examples of how someone loves you or how to know. It shows how someone would love you and how you feel during those situations. This genre goes great with the theme I chose because Leon and Melody experienced some of these things. It is easy to identify someone who loves you. Another genre I did was an apology note. This was just a random note from Leon to Melody saying how sorry he was about leaving her. Melody was devastated because of Leon. Leon wanted to make everything all better and he was sorry for breaking her heart. He wanted her back and he didn’t know what he was thinking. This genre went excellent with the theme because in the note he tells her how much he loves her and he really means it. It was a sincere apology. Finally the last genre I did was the collage. The collage contains pictures of people or things that show love. Also, it has a couple quotes about love. This was important because it gives a visual representation of what love is and how it is shown. The theme really comes out in this genre. All of these genres helped my theme come out in my project. Everything went well with the theme love. I’ve never been a situation like Leon was in so it was pretty difficult to write the notes and letters from his perspective but it helped me know more about my theme love.

Works Cited
"Love - Google Search." Google. Web. 27 Mar. 2011. http://www.google.com/imageshl=en&source=hp&biw=1406&bih=650&q=love&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=.
"
 
"Ten Signs He Really Loves You." Connecting Singles - Free Online Dating, Free Dating Online, 100%
FREE Online Dating Service. Web. 27 Mar. 2011. http://www.connectingsingles.com/article14/ten-
signs-he-really-loves-you.htm.
 
"Top 10 Love Quotes - Top Ten User Rated Love Sayings." Love Quotes | Quotes about Love | Cute Love Quotes | Sweet Love Quotes - Top 10 - Top 100 Love Quotes. Web. 27 Mar. 2011. <http://www.1-love-quotes.com/Top_10_Love_Quotes.htm>.

No comments:

Post a Comment